For most women, dark denim jeans are a great wardrobe essential. They are excellent jeans for the office and a perfect staple choice for date night, too. Unfortunately, the indigo dye, a substance used to produce inky, dark shade on your denim jeans, is notorious for bleeding (it transfers off and gets the color on other stuff). It can be a lot frustrating to find out that your new pair of denim has stained your other favorite clothes.
Although indigo dye can be washed off, the bleeding can be irritating to deal with. Luckily, there are ways you can do to prevent your jeans from losing their dye. Keep reading to learn more.
Keep Your Dark Denim Jeans From Dye Bleeding
- Wash your newly bought dark denim jeans right away to prevent the worst scenarios with dye bleeding. Do not wear or hang them. If you notice that your jeans have this disclaimer tag on them, this tag will advise you to wash them immediately.
- Using your washing machine, choose the cold water setting when washing your dark denim jeans. The cold water is known to be gentle on fabric dyes. When washing your newly bought jeans for the first time, make sure no other clothes are involved to avoid transferring the dye and stain your other clothes. Never use hot water, or your jeans will start to shrink.
- Add a cup of plain vinegar to your cold water when rinsing. The vinegar contains acetic acid that helps to lock in dye and prevent fabric bleeding. Plus, it is also a natural bacteria killer that neutralizes germs that may be dwelling on your jeans. With vinegar, it reduces the chance that your dark denim jeans will continue to bleed in future washing.
- If you prefer to hand wash your jeans, try to soak new jeans in a mixture of vinegar and cold water.
- Leave them for about an hour, then wring out the excess liquid, and hang jeans to dry.
- No need to rinse.
- You may want to cold wash your jeans with vinegar for several cycles before wearing them for the first time. Remember to always turn the denim jeans inside out each time you wash them. To help retain the color and shape of your jeans, never put them in the dryer. Hang them to air dry instead.
- If your jeans are still bleeding after trying these steps, try a longer, overnight vinegar bath with cold water in your washing machine. Do these at night before going to bed. For those who choose to do a hand wash, fill up your tub with cold water, and add a full cup of plain white vinegar. Lay your dark denim jeans in the tub to soak overnight while you sleep. Run your jeans through a cold water wash in the washing machine in the morning. When done, hang jeans to dry.
Following the above steps will prevent your dark denim jeans from bleeding or at least lessen the amount of dye that releases when you wash the jeans.
LovelyWholesale.com offer more styles just for you
LovelyWholesale is a global fashion store that sells all types of fashionable clothing, shoes, jewelries, sexy lingerie and other accessories. They focus on high quality, keep an eye on every detail and follow the fashion tide of the world just to be updated in every fashion trends. LovelyWholesale offers exceptional low wholesale price, good quality and fantastic service at the same time. Visit lovelywholesale.com for flash sale and special discounts available at their store page.